The art of Feng Shui is an amazing tool that can help you in so many areas of your physical life. It can also help balance areas of your energetic life.
The first chakra, the Root Chakra, represents stability and the strong foundation on which all other chakras (your energetic body) rest on. It is where you can physically manifest your dreams into reality.
If your Root Chakra is out of balance, you may feel ungrounded, always late for things, unable to manage the details of life (bills, appointments, jobs). There may be recurring issues with your feet, ankles, knees and hips (your body’s physical foundation). There may be issues with your physical health or toxic addictions present.
As a Feng Shui consultant, I look at all the pieces of the puzzle when I am talking with a client. If some of these issues come up during our conversation, then I look for ways to help their home support in a way which will in turn help them create balance within their Root Chakra.
Some Feng Shui tips to help accomplish this are:
1. Clean out your living environment. If you are living in a chaotic, cluttered or dirty environment, you will not have the support or organization you need in order to take care of life’s daily details. You need your space to recharge and reset. It needs to be a haven.
2. Make your bed.
3. Diffuse essential oils that have grounding properties. These include sandalwood, frankincense, patchouli, vetiver, ginger and lavender.
4. Bring a potted tree into your environment. Trees are wonderful for grounding. The Family & Prosperity Gua’s are both governed by the wood element and are particularly auspicious locations for trees.
5. Clean out your pantry and fridge. Bring in healthy food that will nourish your body.
6. Switch to non-toxic personal care & cleaning products.
7. Place/use/wear crystals with grounding properties like obsidian, garnet & ruby.